Friday, April 07, 2006

Go Thank a Patriot

Do you ever watch someone on television voice exactly what your thoughts, emotions or opinions are on a certain issue? I can recall several times when The Lawyer and I sat in our recliners, yelling a loud "thank you" to Simon Cowell for expressing exactly what we were thinking on any given performance.

In case you missed it, at a Bush event this week, a gentleman named Harry Taylor took the scripted event off the page. You can read the transcript or watch the vidoe here. Here's my favorite bit of what Mr. Taylor said:

You never stop talking about freedom, and I appreciate that. But while I
listen to you talk about freedom, I see you assert your right to tap my
telephone, to arrest me and hold me without charges, to try to preclude me from
breathing clean air and drinking clean water and eating safe food. If I were a
woman, you’d like to restrict my opportunity to make a choice and decision about
whether I can abort a pregnancy on my own behalf.


Now, guess what, if you read the whole thing, and agree with what he said, you can send him a thank you! Take a few moments and send Mr. Harry a thank you for being eloquent, polite and expressing what I say - not so eloquently- everytime I get up in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home