Monday, March 27, 2006

Small towns

Since I tend to be a bit serious and political most of the time, I have a few questions that always tickle my funny bone:

Why is it that chain e-mails about boogeymen at gas stations, strangers with candy, 9/11 conspiracy theories, riches from Bill Gates, etc. always are sent by people who live in small towns? I want to take out billboard space in all of small-town America advertising Snopes.

Why does my local Sonic Drive-in have handicapped parking spaces? NONE of us are leaving the car. I'm just as handicapped as the next guy when it comes to being too lazy to get out of my car to order or eat.

And finally, a poll: do any of you know 20-somethings- college graduates who have "real" jobs- 9 to 5, benefits, 401K etc? Out of all the people I know in their mid-to-late 20s, I can only count a handful who have "real jobs." Most of us are grad schoolers, or self-employed, or jacks of all trades. I think this is a new trend, but I wanted some feedback before I run with my theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home